I pulled this out just for Jen’s Blog Gems Blog Hop, over at The King and Eye. I wrote this in January of 2009, so David wasn’t born yet. I had posted this in the Notes section of my Facebook page. I debated updating it and thought better of it. It’s a snippet of my life 2 years ago and other than David being born, not much has changed!
15 things about Me:
1) 5 years ago my mother decided to divorce my dad. She was 62 at the time. She has since stopped talking with every member of the family except my older brother. She stopped talking to me in 2004. How’s that for dysfunctional?
2) I’m adopted. I wish I had the funds/ resources to find my birth mother.
3) My husband and I have had 4 children – all boys – 3 of them were born with a rare genetic condition called Citrullinemia. Our first son passed away from it, the other 2 have had liver transplants to ‘cure’ it. We have 1 healthy child. What are the odds we could win the lottery instead?
4) I *was* an accomplished artist – I have several paintings in private and business collections, as well as murals scattered around the Chicago area – sadly – I haven’t picked up a paint brush since my son passed away (2001) Can you lose your talent/creativity? I’m waiting for an epiphany.
5) I hate the cold, I hate winter. Seriously, I would rather sweat than shiver.
6) I’m poor. Our yearly income is well below the federal poverty level. On the plus side – we own our home outright, we have 1 car payment and no credit cards. Sometimes poor is not so bad.
7) Speaking of our home – yeah it’s paid for – but it’s also a 125 year old handyman’s nightmare. We live in perpetual chaos of renovation. I bet Zachary will graduate high school before it’s done. (He’s 1, btw)
8)My ex-husband on the other hand – is very well off – I mean VERY well off. Yeah hindsight is 20/20.
9)I have never traveled outside of the United States.
10)There are 37 medications in my cabinet, 3 are Jonathan’s the rest are Zachary’s.
11) Of the past 365 days, I have spent 203 of them at the hospital with Zachary.
12)I get distracted very easily, seriously – it’s taken me 3 days to get this far.
13)I was on the Antiques Roadshow. Yep – my ‘handmade’ quilt was estimated to be worth $5,000-$10,000. The producer later called to say the quilt was massed produced in the early 1980′s and my segment would be edited out of all future airings of that episode. That’s about sums up my life.
14)It’s been 15 years since I had my last professional haircut. I’ve had my hair cut since then – just not by anyone with a license to do so.
15) Here’s the biggie – I own a copy of every Nancy Drew book published. Well all the originals published with the yellow bound hardcovers. Yeah, I’m a bit of a nerd that way.