Special Need Blog Hop ~January 6, 2011
This is my first time participating and well, I did it a little backwards and got myself booted off the linky list. *sheepish grin* So let me try again.
This weeks Theme: What are 5 goals you have for the New Year?
As previously posted, I’m not big on New Year’s Resolutions, but I do like the idea of setting goals and working towards achievement, I am very task oriented – so this is right up my alley.
I suppose I could be coy and say my #1 goal is to get out of this hospital sometime in the near future. But I don’t really have any control over that, so I’ll go with things I can control.
1) My first goal is to write more. Not just stuff about our daily trials and tribulations of spending time in the hospital, because hopefully we will reach the point of being allowed to go home. I want to write a series of articles about helping kids (and parents) cope with all this hospital stuff. I have 2 done. So I’m on my way.
2) I absolutely need to set time aside everyday to converse with friends and not just twitter chats – I’m thinking 15 minutes a day of a real honest to goodness conversation. Even if I have to *gasp* pick up the phone and actually talk to someone.
3) I intend to start a forum/discussion group for parents who not only have special needs kids, but also have kids with not so special needs. I struggle with balancing my attention between Jacob, who’s never had anything more complicated than an ear infection to the others boys who have quite a long laundry list of things. I’m sure other families do, too.
4) I want to brush up on my sign language skills. Once upon a time, I could follow and converse. Now, not so much. I’m sure it will help David as well, once we are home and therapies start.
5) I am interested in yoga and meditation and finding a calm center for myself. I plan on continuing my ‘studies’ on meditation. Maybe I will even write about!